Terms & Conditions
TWEED COAST HOLIDAYS AGREEMENT: TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. MAKING A RESERVATION
• A non-refundable deposit of $30% is required upon reservation all reservations to ensure that your booking is confirmed. The outstanding balance is due to be paid 2 weeks prior to your arrival date. • A security hold in the form of a preauthorisation is required at check in for all reservations and will be refunded within 7 days of your departure date if there are no charges required after you vacate the property. • Payments can be paid by Direct Deposit up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival date or by credit card. Please note and credit card charges will incur a non-refundable 1.5% Credit Card Surcharge. • If for any reason your payment is not received by the due date, Tweed Coast Holidays reserves the right to cancel your booking with the applicable cancellation policy • Keys will not be given out unless full payment has been made and a scanned copy of your Driver’s License and Credit Card has been taken/provided. These must be in the same name as the booking. • Credit card details are required at the time of booking as a condition of securing your booking, regardless of payment method or booking. • Tweed Coast Holidays reserves the right to draw upon a saved credit card to make payments on the due dates if they have not already been made by the guest. • Declined payments may result in cancellation of booking. • All bookings are made in good faith of ongoing holiday letting by owners; however, this may change, and Management cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner(s) of the property which are outside its control. Reasonable actions will be made by Management to offer alternative accommodation should this occur. • Property tariffs may change online at any time without notice. • Strictly no Schoolies bookings are permitted, and we reserve the right to cancel any such booking or enquiry.
2. DAMAGE PROTECTION FEE AND SECURITY HOLDS
• Tweed Coast Holidays manage holiday properties to a high standard, properties are finished and furnished with costly materials and products. You become responsible for all damage and loss to the property and its contents from the date and time you check-in to the date and time you check-out. Guest/s are responsible to advise Tweed Coast Holidays immediately if damage is found upon arrival.
3. SECURITY HOLD
• Some styles of accommodation require a security bond. We retain the security bond until our team has completed a post-departure inspection of the property. Should there be any damage, missing items, or excessive mess (including BBQs etc), the cost to repair, replace or clean in such instances will be deducted from your bond. The remainder of your bond will be refunded to your nominated bank account within 14 days. You remain responsible for – and will also be charged for – replacement or repairs where the cost exceeds the amount of the bond. You are responsible for all damage or loss to the property and its contents from the time you check-in. Guests are responsible for advising Tweed Coast Holidays immediately if any damage is found upon arrival. • Note that you may also forfeit some or all of your bond if we are required to attend to complaints of excessive noise/parties etc. during your stay. • The bond amount required varies according to the style of property – from $300 up to $1,000. The bond may be provided by charging a pre-authorisation to the hard copy ‘physical’ credit card of the person (or company) in whose name the booking was made. This is processed at time of check-in. If this is not possible, the bond may be paid by: 1. charging a transaction to a debit or credit card in the name of the booking, or 2. in advance of check-in by depositing cleared funds via EFT to our trust account, not less than five days prior to arrival. • IMPORTANT: Access/keys to your accommodation will not be provided until this process is completed. Note that the bond required from long-stay guests may be increased at our discretion. • Some styles of accommodation require a security bond. We retain the security bond until our team has completed a post-departure inspection of the property. Should there be any damage, missing items, or excessive mess (including BBQs etc), the cost to repair, replace or clean in such instances will be deducted from your bond. The remainder of your bond will be refunded to your nominated bank account within 14 days. You remain responsible for – and will also be charged for – replacement or repairs where the cost exceeds the amount of the bond. You are responsible for all damage or loss to the property and its contents from the time you check-in. Guests are responsible for advising Tweed Coast Holidays immediately if any damage is found upon arrival. • Note that you may also forfeit some or all of your bond if we are required to attend to complaints of excessive noise/parties etc. during your stay. • The bond amount required varies according to the style of property – from $300 up to $1,000. The bond may be provided by charging a pre-authorisation to the hard copy ‘physical’ credit card of the person (or company) in whose name the booking was made. This is processed at time of check-in. If this is not possible, the bond may be paid by: 1. charging a transaction to a debit or credit card in the name of the booking, or 2. in advance of check-in by depositing cleared funds via EFT to our trust account, not less than five days prior to arrival. • IMPORTANT: Access/keys to your accommodation will not be provided until this process is completed. Note that the bond required from long-stay guests may be increased at our discretion.
4. GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
• Guests may only park vehicles in the designated areas. • The property must not be used for unlawful purposes. • Guests must comply with the by-laws, rules, and regulations of the Body Corporate property (if applicable) and any reasonable direction of the operator. The booking will be terminated if any guest fails to comply after receiving a warning. • All guests must conduct themselves in a proper manner so as not to cause a nuisance, including excess noise, or interfere with the use or enjoyment of the property for other occupiers or neighbouring properties. Unruly, loud, or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. • Tweed Shire Council have imposed curfews throughout the shire for noise in residential areas. This curfew time is 9pm and is strictly enforced. All guests must come inside off decks, balconies and courtyards and music must be turned off. If complaints are received this may result in termination of the booking and loss of unused balance of accommodation. A penalty fee of up to $1,000 will also apply. • Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. Immediate termination of the booking without refund will result. A penalty fee of up to $1,000 will also apply. Tweed Coast Holidays has an extremely strict no party, event or function policy. • It is the guest’s responsibility to maintain the cleanliness of the property during the period of stay. • Smoking inside all properties is prohibited. Guests must discard cigarette butts into the rubbish bins. Cigarette butts discarded into garden beds may incur an additional charge for cleaning. Any damages caused by smoking on or inside the premises will be taken from bond. Any property found to have had smokers disregard these terms and conditions will incur an excess cleaning fee of $250. • Departing guests must leave the property clean & tidy. This includes emptying the rubbish bin, washing, drying, and putting away all dishes, emptying the dishwasher, emptying of the refrigerator, oven/griller & microwave, cleaning of the BBQ, turning off the lights & all appliances including air conditioning. Guests are required to secure the premises upon departure by locking doors and windows. • The cost of a standard clean is included in the tariff charged. Tweed Coast Holidays reserves the right to recover any costs above the standard clean from guests at or following a departure from the nominated credit card or out of the security bond. • Tweed Shire Council have imposed a new 3 bin rubbish system in houses and duplexes throughout the shire. The three bins are Green – Organic Waste Only, Yellow – Recycling & Red – General Waste. Please ensure you use the bins correctly. Collection occurs weekly for Organic waste (Green bins) & alternate fortnightly for Recycling (yellow topped bins) & General Waste (red lid bin). Our Staff will attend site on bin collection days and put bins out and bring them back in. Additional services can be arranged through our staff at cost. Please note: Fees may apply for bin rubbish removal and bin cleaning if the 3 Bin system is not followed correctly. • Guests’ actions, conduct and safety are the responsibility of the guests. The agent and owner(s) of this property do not condone unsafe, irresponsible, or illegal actions/behaviour etc. on or off the premises, during a stay or at any other time. A condition of entering and/or staying at this property means that all guests understand and agree to indemnify the agent and owner(s) against any responsibility or action(s)(legal or other), due to any action(s), incident(s), loss, or injury(s) while within or outside of the premises(including, but not limited to, the grounds, facilities, structures, etc.) during a stay or at any other time. • No responsibility is taken for guest’s property left on or near the premises. If items are left at a property, management will contact the cleaners to determine whether the items were located. If located, guests are required to send a postage paid, return addressed envelope to the office for the items to be mailed back. A $15 administration fee will be applicable. • All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area. • Furniture is not to be moved around. Items are not to be moved from room to room. A fee will be charged should these occur. Should any damage occur from dragging or moving furniture around, this will be at Guest’s expense and will come out of bond. • If guests lose keys or lock keys inside the property and require access, a security call out fee will apply. If replacement keys need to be cut, key barrels need to be replaced, or in secure complexes re-keying is required costs will be calculated based accordingly and charged to the guest. • Should a guest lock themselves out of the property a $200 call out fee is applicable. • No more than the registered number of guests are to occupy the premises, as each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. No extra mattresses are to be brought onto the property. If the property is reported to be overloaded, the booking will be terminated, and guests will be asked to vacate with no refund made. • Some properties provide wireless internet for guests for the purpose of email, perusing social media, and web browsing. It is not provided for video streaming or downloading e.g., movies/shows. Usage is not unlimited and is monitored by Management. • Excess usage of Wi-Fi may be charged and deducted from bond or credit card details provided. Some properties are provided with a dongle, once the limit is exhausted, it is the guests’ responsibility to access further data. • Management will not be responsible to top up data availability once the allocation is exhausted. • Strictly no tents or caravans are permitted on the property. • Any areas designated as private by the owners are strictly out of bounds. • A description of the property and its inclusions is as accurate as possible. Without prior inspection, no guarantee can be given that a property will satisfy guest’s expectations. • All guests are to provide their contact information including but limited to: email address, mobile phone, and address.
• If a guest cancels a confirmed booking a cancellation fee of 30% of the total accommodation will apply. Any remaining balance will be refunded back to the guest’s nominated bank account. • If a guest cancels a confirmed booking between one month and two weeks prior to check in a 50% cancellation fee applies. Any remaining balance will be refunded back to the guest’s nominated bank account. • If a guest cancels a confirmed booking between two weeks and one day prior to check in, the property will be opened to rebook. If successful, the amount rebooked for will be transferred back to the guest’s nominated bank account. The remainder will be kept as cancellation fee.
6. ALL PROPERTIES
• No refund is made on the unused portion of rent if guests vacate the property prior to their departure date. • In the event of advance bookings being cancelled by the owner and/or agent, a full refund will apply. • Due consideration will be given, in consultation with the owner, to any cancellation at any time occasioned by exceptional circumstances. • We cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside our control and we reserve the right to cancel any booking, as per the owner’s instruction. In this event, we will notify you as soon as possible and do our best to arrange other accommodation or dates suitable to you. Failure to do so will result in all monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party. • Bookings are taken by the agent in good faith; however, the guest acknowledges that the agent does not own the property and that the owner may instruct the agent to cancel or ask the guest to amend the booking dates at any time up to the day of check in. • Strictly no schoolies bookings are permitted, and we reserve the right to cancel any such booking or enquiry. 5. ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE TIMES • Arrival time is from 2pm on the day of arrival and departure time is strictly 10am on the date of departure (NSW TIME). • Extended stays may be permitted, if available, and prior arrangement has been made. A fee may apply for late departures if no prior arrangements are made. • On departure the keys must be returned as per instruction on check in. • Lost or damaged keys will be charged. 6. If you intend to arrive after hours, please call our office prior to your arrival to make alternative arrangements. For after-hours arrivals, we also require a photo or screenshot of the front face of the primary guest’s credit card and driver’s licence to be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 0439 889 213.
• All properties are fully self-contained and Linen (sheets, pillowcases, bathmats, hand towels, bath towels & tea towels) are included for your stay. • Pillows, mattress protectors and blankets/doonas are supplied. • Additional cleaning and linen services can be arranged at a reasonable cost, including any special requirements (BBQ cleaning, cots, highchairs, etc) at the time of booking. • An extra charge will be incurred if linen is damaged.
• Pets are not permitted on the premise unless the property is designated ‘Pet friendly’. In the case of ‘Pet friendly’ accommodation, a charge of $150 is applicable per animal, for the duration of the stay. • Pets must be kept outside at all times. • An additional $500 pet bond is required on check in for the property. This will be refunded to guest once inspection of the property has been completed after the guest has departed. • Upon departure of these properties all dog droppings must be removed from the premise and disposed of properly. If this does not occur a cleaning fee may be charged to the guest. • If pets, which have been approved, are found inside the premise, the booking will be terminated, and the guests will be asked to vacate with no refund made. • If pets, which are unapproved, are found on the premises, the booking will be terminated, and guests will be asked to vacate with no refund made. • Any pest control required because of a pet being permitted inside and/or on the premise will be charged to the guest. • The guest is fully liable for any damage cause by the pet during their stay.
9. FAULTS/ PROBLEMS
• All holiday properties under Tweed Coast Holidays are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Tweed Coast Holidays to compensate or discount. • Tweed Coast Holidays will accept no responsibility for any inconvenience with machinery breakdown. The agent’s best endeavours to repair, replace or hire an alternative will be undertaken. • If a situation arises which we have no control over, Tweed Coast Holidays reserves the right to move guests to alternative accommodation subject to availability at their discretion or at the direct instruction of the property owner. If this is the case, we will notify all guests as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure that they are satisfied with their new address. • Should a tradesperson be sent out upon a guest request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be at the guest’s expense. • Guests must inform our office immediately if the property is damaged or not clean, otherwise they are deemed to have accepted the property in the condition of arrival. • Tweed Coast Holidays may inspect the property with reasonable notice and at any time without notice if there is any belief that there has been a breach of these conditions herein. • If the occupancy ends or the agreement is terminated, guests must immediately vacate the property. Tweed Coast Holidays is authorised to perform any action required to enforce the eviction of any guest and removal of guest’s property. • From time-to-time body corporate maintenance will be scheduled to apartment buildings during your stay Notice of 7 days or more will be offered for common areas and the guest accepts to acknowledge access as required. • Tweed Coast Holidays reserves the right to conduct routine maintenance or repairs during a guest’s stay with 24 hours’ notice to the guest. This does not include urgent or emergency maintenance for which there is no notice period.
10. PROPERTIES FOR SALE
• When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the present owner at the time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. A full refund will be provided if this is the case. We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by the new owner. • If a property is sold guests will be notified, where possible, allowing suitable time to organise alternative accommodation.
11. EXCESSIVE NOISE POLICY
• Tenants will make every possible effort to ensure that they do not interfere or cause a nuisance to neighbours. Excessive noise can be a major cause for complaint. Loud music, televisions and partying that causes excessive noise will not be permitted between 9:00pm to 7:30am. • All laws must be observed. You are in a residential area and regard must be paid to the quiet enjoyment of other occupants in the building and neighbouring properties. Noise pollution is a punishable offence by law and as such we reserve the right to immediately terminate the tenancy without refund for any breach of this condition. A penalty fee of up to $1000 will also apply. • If the agent requires the assistance of a Security Company, the guest will be charged $2000 for their assistance. • Tweed Shire Council have imposed curfews throughout the shire for noise in residential areas. This curfew time is 9pm and is strictly enforced. All guests must come inside off decks, balconies and courtyards and music must be turned off. If complaints are received this may result in termination of the booking and loss of unused balance of accommodation. A penalty fee of up to $1,000 will also apply. • There are new NSW State Government Laws being introduced regarding Holiday Letting and guest behaviour. Please note that if you have complaints made against you or your invited guests then you may have to appear at a hearing to determine the nature and cause of the complaint. There may be serious penalties involved.
• Tweed Coast Holidays has strived to maintain the accuracy of the content with their websites. However, from time-to-time aspects of the content may be out of date. Certain information is provided by others including, owners, and for that we accept no responsibility for its accuracy. • Tweed Coast Holidays acts as the letting agent on behalf of the owners and in accordance with the owner’s instructions. Tweed Coast Holidays reserves the right to take appropriate action and/or seek compensation for any serious breach of these conditions of letting. • Tweed Coast Holidays holds no responsibility nor obligation to re-house or re-accommodate anyone who has been removed from a property due to any breach of these Terms & Conditions. • Whilst our office may use the services of Booking Agents, the Terms & Conditions contained in the document are relevant and as such apply to your booking and stay at the respective property you have booked. • We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavour to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website, then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern your and Tweed Coast Holidays rights and obligations to each other. • All costs or sums quoted in these Terms & Conditions are inclusive of GST. By continuing to access and or use our Terms & Conditions after such revisions are implemented you agree to be bound by the revised Terms & Conditions. By creating a booking, the guest accepts these Terms & Conditions in their entirety.